HISTORY OF COLLEGE
Historic view placeholder for the college campus
College campus

Desh Bhagat Pandit Chetan Dev Government College of Education, Faridkot, pride of the state of Punjab, was established in the year 1945 by His Highness King Harinder Singh of Faridkot with the objective of meeting the shortage of trained teachers in the field of education. It was the only B.T. College in the Indian Punjab at that time. Initially it was housed in spacious building on the Faridkot-Kotkapura Road where it functioned till 1972. Then it got shifted to its present location measuring just 2.912 acres, which earlier housed a primary school. An additional piece of land measuring 21 acres, was allotted at the out-skirts of the city for the construction of the new college campus, by Punjab government. Since its inception, highly meritorious students from all over Punjab have been getting admission in this prestigious college. Almost all of them have been absorbed and getting distinguished position in the education department in the past. On the occasion of the Golden Jubilee celebration of this college in 1995, the State Government renamed it Desh Bhagat Pandit Chetan Dev Government College of Education after Pandit Chetan Dev, a renowned freedom fighter. He undertook a fast unto death protesting against the shifting of this education college from here to Patiala and came out victorious.